Hekayat

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

and in the parchment I have found...

I came upon a parchment of old rags…The parchment I had bought from a very old and poor woman, she was dressed all in black. Just beyond the palm trees and the green fields of the west bank.

She told me that her father and his father before him kept this parchment; she told me "Don't be deceived by the looks of these ragsfor this parchment holds many, many secrets. Lots of blood has been spilled for it" she also told me that it contains tales that are yet to be told…

After taking the ferry back to my river house I sat on the couch under the fan that slowly circulated the air in the room. Placed the parchment on the low table. While sipping on a cup of Turkish coffee; that I had mad once I came through the door and after having the parchment lied on the table; I wondered what could be in that parchment and why would the old woman sell me the parchment if it had been in the family for so long, and why would she sell it to me if it had been so highly regarded and revered as to spill some one's blood for? A million questions raced through my head. There were only two possibilities, first may be she would say such things as to seduce me to pay more, the second only lies within the folds of those shredded and worn out threads.

As I opened the parchment, the rags started threading apart. In it I found many papyrus papers rolled up. I carefully opened them and took the first one out and the heliographies read…

Scene I

… Standing firm before the council of the gods he demanded, "Let my brother 'Truth' bare consequence for his deeds. Let it be known that this Evil has been brought upon him only for his malice and his deceit that he uses upon his own kin, me his brother of his fleshand blood."…

'Malice' paused and then continued "Let the light of his sight fade from his from his head and that the fire of his Ka (good health) be extinguished by the coldness of illness and disease."

"Oh… have I not mercy for my brother, is my heart to cold to accept him after his doings." taking another pause to look at his shackled brother, his eyes flickered with evil. 'Malice' then addressed the council of the gods once again. "I ask of you that you let me take care of my brother after your wrath is done upon him and that it be known that I will have him at my door as my servant.

"The council of the gods spoke their verdict "As you 'Truth' have been found guilty by this council thus justice would be found when only what your brother has spoken of, may the light of your eyes fade from you head and that this council be the last of your visions. The council has spoken and so it is done."

Loud were the screams of 'Truth', of pain and misery they were. As his vision diminished, all colours had faded to black.

The gods then spoke to 'Malice'"Take your brother and let it be known that from this day on he is your gate keeper."

to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home